Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thankful/Grateful Thursdays













Today I am thankful/grateful for so many things even during the storm I am going through God had been so faithful.... what an AMAZING GOD WE SERVE!

I am thankful that my mom is alive. When you look at the car it is just unbelievable that she made it out alive (more on this to come)

I am thankful for doctors who care for their patents and their families. Dr. Youseef is an amazing man and has taken the time not only to make sure that my mom is comfortable but that I am okay and that all my questions are answered. Dr. Schoo was the same way, he was patient with me and answered any question I had.

I am thankful that God had his angels around the car that night and on the road.

I am thankful that no one else was hurt and that my mom came out with minor injures compared to what she should look like coming out from her car.

I am thankful for the Nurses who care for my mom and who show her love every time they walk into the room.

I am thankful for Laura Robinson who is one of my moms physical therapists as well as all the other amazing people in that department who are there helping my mom get better. And are teaching her how to move once again.

I am thankful for Gods grace in my moms life. That He loves her so much and has a huge purpose for her life.

I am thankful that God is teaching me how to have grace like He does. Even though it is not easy He loves me enough to allow me to mess up and to pick me back up again. He is teaching me how to love my mom through the pain and now to encourage her!

I am thankful for the AMAZING FRIENDS who love me and my mom so much. The friends who wait in the hospital room till 2 in the morning so I can see my mom for the first time. (Jill and Jen) For the friends who send me loving comments on my blog to encourage me how much your words mean I will never be able to express. (Jill, Jo , Jen and Tiff) And also for the friends who have encouraged me on facebook. (to many to name) For the friends who go to lunch with me and wait in the OR waiting room while my mom is in neck surgery and also goes to visit her with me. (Robin) For the friends who have gone to see my mom and send her flowers. Who love her and support her and who are blowing her socks off by showing her the love and support she needs. I am so thankful to all of you for your support through this hard time.

I am thankful for friends who understand when I say I am mad at God or that I am doing really crappy right now. And that they still love me!

I am thankful that God loves me enough to know how much I can handle and when I can't handle it He carriers me through!

I am thankful for my life and that has an amazing plan for ME!

Man when I sat down to write this Thankful Thursday I did not know what I was going to write! It blows my mind how much God loves me and how much I have to be thankful/ grateful for!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey girl- Just found out about what happened...I'm so sorry your family is going through this. Wish I was there to give you and your mom both a BIG hug! I love you and, as always, am praying for both of you. I'm so thankful for the great friends you have there in Durango...

Unknown said...

I love you darling. And I am so amazed that, through God's grace in your life, you are still able to find so much to be thankful and grateful for. While God does not intend pain for us, I know that He will use any situation for His good purposes. You are honoring Him right now, through all this.