Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Passion!


Words can not express to you my love and devotion to children! I have had a heart for kids since I was a child myself. It is a love that I can not explain and a passion that can not be blown out. As I write this tears fill my eyes because of the love that I have for these kids.


Many people ask me how can you love a child so much that is not even your own. To which I reply because even though they are not my own they are God's child and God has placed a love in my heart for them that goes beyond any words.


As a teacher and also as a "children's pastor" I met many different kids. Some who come from great families who love God and who treat their children like precious jewels and others who don't love God and who treat their children like extra work.


Many times when you look into a child's eyes you can see what is going on in their hearts. Children just want to be loved, they want to be accepted and they want to know that someone cares.


Because I myself am not a mom I have not been able to experience many things with a child that a mom does. However I am blessed and honored that I have been called to love on these kids as God loves us. Even if it is just as simple as a morning hug, children know when you truly love them. They yearn for your approval and attention.


My heart for your child is that they would know the love of their Savior. That they would be so bold as to say at the age of 7 I am going to take my Bible to school for show and tell. And even when they are discouraged from getting to share it they invite their friends to read it with them while they are outside at recess.


The Bible says to come before Him like children! What does that tell you?


We look at our children's ministry programs as just a place for kids to go while the adults go to service. This is so wrong. We are training your children to be followers of Christ. To love Him and to know Him as their friend.


If you would just come and see these children's faces light up as you tell them that Jesus loves them. That he died on the cross for their sins and that He wants us to be with Him forever. They get it. We as adults have all these "what if's" while our kids are say "it is." They have the faith that it takes to enter into the kingdom of God. We should be learning from them!


When you ask a child what their favorite Bible story is and they know storied like "Jesus Raising from the Dead", and Jesus Walks on Water they get.They understand who Jesus is and how much Jesus loves them! It blows my mind sometimes how much these kids truly understand!

I want you all to know how thankful I am that God gave me a heart for children. They are such a blessing in my life! Thank you Heavenly Daddy for children! :) I am so excited to be a mommy one day! Children are an amazing blessing for God the Father!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Well said. Love it!

Phil said...

Amen! Good word, Jinny! God bless you!