Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!


The first Father's Day I celebrated without my dad was in Guatemala! Which was a blessing in deices..... I can remember going home and telling my dad that I wanted to go to Guatemala and that I only had two weeks to get my first deposit in. He told me that I could go but that they could not help me with the money. So that night I set out and wrote my sponsor letter and then my dad proof read it. I sent it out the next day and the money started to flow in. That year I raised enough money to go not only for one year but for two years. It was so amazing and such a testament for me to see how when God puts a dream and passion into your heart HE WILL PROVIDED YOUR EVERY NEED. I was so blessed to be able to go on that trip and I was so happy that I got to spend Fathers day that year with so many amazing men of God who took time out to serve the people of Guatemala. Thank you Lord for the amazing life changing opportunity you provided me with to serve along side these amazing dads.



Okay so this year I decided to post some memorizes I have of my dad. I am so blessed to be raised by such an amazing man of God. He raised me to be the women I am today and I am so thankful for that. I am thankful that he taught me what it meant to have a personal relationship with Christ. He was an amazing dad, husband, pastor, brother, son, and friend. He made a huge impact in my life and I am so thankful that I am his daughter.


Memorize.....

1. I can remember our father daughter dates we would do whatever I wanted to do. I can recall one time when we went downtown and get some ice cream and then sat on a bench. We watched as people would walk by and guess if they where from here or a tourist we would laugh so hard and have so much fun.

2. I can remember when I turned 16 and he took me to Subway to give me my promise ring. I had been begging for one since I was 13 but he said he would not give me one till I turned 16. So when that day came I was so stocked. He asked me be his until I got married. To promise to live my life for Jesus and to continue to stay pure. It was such a sweet and precious time I will never forget.

3. I can remember going to the church and having lunch with my dad during the school week. Most high school students would go out with their friends but I wanted to have lunch with my dad. So I would go to city market pick up some salads and then go to his office and we would eat together. We would talk about our days and whatever else was on our minds, I mean my mind! :)

4. I can remember when I threw him a surprise party for his 46th birthday. His present was to go on a date with me but I had a little plan up my sleeve. :) There was a lot of people who showed and it was a great time. :) He was totally surprised and we had a blast. His party was a little over a month before he died. I will never forget this time.

There are many more memorise that I have of my dad but that would take up a lot of space. Maybe next year I will share a few more! :) HAPPY FATHERS DAY DADDY I LOVE YOU!

No comments: