Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

God's Word is True!


I, yes I, am the Lord and there is no other Savior.
First I predicted your rescue, the I saved you and proclaimed it to the world.
No foreign god has ever done this.
You are witnesses that I am the Only God, says the Lord.
From eternity to eternity I am God.
No one can snatch anyone out of my hand.
No one can undo what I have done.

Isaiah 43:11-13

I went to lunch today with a friend and she gave me this scripture and said I have no clue why but God told me to give this scripture to you. So I read it and it brought tears to my eyes. I know that many times two people can read the same verse and get totally different things out of it. So when I read it, it truly gave me comfort.

God knew that this car accident was going to happen and He knew that He was going to save her and give her, her life back. He predicted her rescue and He is going to use this situation to tell the world and my mom how much He loves her, and that no matter the circumstance is He is in control. And one day my mom is going to proclaim to the world HOW GREAT HER GOD IS!

It tells me that there is NO OTHER GOD which means in my moms case she uses alcohol as her god. She drinks because she does not want to feel the pain. She drinks because she does not want to be alone. She drinks because she is hurt and she feels that it is the only thing she can turn to and find comfort in. However God is saying that He is the only God. He is the only one that can HEAL her pain. He is the only one who can be there when she FEELS alone. And He is the only one who can TRULY GIVE her COMFORT.

This verse give me comfort by saying that my God is in control and that NOTHING not even alcohol can snatch my mom out of God's hands and that Nothing can undo what He has ALREADY DONE OR WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO. It shows me that it is okay to give my mom over to God because He loves her even more then I do and He is going to take good care of her.

Thank you Kristy for listening to God and for sharing this verse with me. ONLY MY GOD!

1 comment:

Jill said...

This is just as true for you as it is for your mom. Jinny, God loves you this way. He will save YOU, give YOU life abundantly, and use this circumstance so that YOU may proclaim to the world how great YOUR God is.

He is the only God. The only one who can heal YOUR pain, the only one who can comfort YOU, the only one who can be there when YOU feel alone.

He loves you. He loves your mom. He loves Matt. He loves Josh. And He loves your dad. NO ONE can snatch any of them out of His hand. He is mighty. He is trustworthy. He may not always make sense to us but there are greater yeses out there that we don't understand. His love for YOU is deep and wide and endless.

Trust Him. Receive His comfort. He will take care of you. Love you!