This Thursday I am thankful for the ability to have emotions! It amazes me that God has made us to have feelings! To express our selves in so many different ways! So this Thursday I am thankful for EMOTIONS.....
~ Silly .... those times where you feel like you are out of your skin and so funny to be around!
~ Excited ..... to be able to know that what is happening or what is going to happen is from God and is an exciting adventure!
~ Happy ..... I love to smile and laugh weather it be at myself or at someone else it is always fun to laugh and be happy!
~ Love ..... to be able to feel and know love!
~ Sadness ..... that God knows our deepest hurts and that He loves us and walks with us through it
~ Frustration .... most times it is at myself but sometimes life can just be frustrating
~ Mad ..... although I might get mad it does not last for long, I am a red head you know but no matter what I still love! :)
I am so thankful that God created me in his own imagine! That He gave me a spirit and a body! That He allows me to decided what my emotion is and how long I will let it control me weather it be good or bad! That He is a loving God and an every lasting Father!
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.
Jill Palmer (I think) :)
Jill Palmer (I think) :)
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
This week I have made a lot of decisions about my future! I am starting school tomorrow to get my teaching degree which I am super excited about! And I also made another step for my future that I am still waiting on! But in this time I am really having to wait on the Lord and seeking the plans He has for me!
Just like my dads favorite verse "I know the plans I have for your declares the Lord plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Now waiting on Gods timing is a lot easier said then done! So I have decided to make this my March mission! :) Allowing God to teach me how to wait on His timing! Here is what my calender says for this month.... "Align my heart with Your and give me revelation and guidance so that I nay know Your will for my life. Shine your lamp of truth where I am right now and show me the next step to take" Stormie Omartian Fancy that! The quote for this month is what I am going to be working on this month! :) God works in amazing ways!
Teach me to be patient and to wait on your timing! Show me that your timing is better then my own! Allow me to feel your presence every morning when I wake and every night as I lay my head on my pillow! Direct my steps and guide my path!
In Jesus Name I pray, Amen!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Okay so today is/ would be my dads 51st birthday! Man how that seems so young! However I am so thankful for the 18 years I had with a wonderful dad! He taught me so many things in those short few years that I will never forget! So today as I remember an amazing man of God and an amazing dad! I would like to share with you a few memories about my dad!
1. I remember our father daughter dates! These where nights where we would have our special time together! We would go to dinner, go to a movie, walk down town eating ice cream and making fun of the tourists, and singing in the car together with the windows rolled down. He would teach me how a boy should treat a girl like always having the girl walk on the inside of the side walk, letting the boy open the door for you and close it, and letting a boy pull out your chair for you! He showed me how to be a lady and how to look for a gentleman!
2. He was such a clean freak that he made me rack the carpet... yes you heard me right rack the carpet, with a rack that you would rack leaves with. :)
3. When he would clap his hands during worship he would not just open his hands and clap them together he would open them, then clap them and then rub his hands together once all while shaking his leg.
4. He would always shake his legs together when he was relaxing at home or even when he was going to sleep.
5. He would use mascara to color in his side burns every morning! (he would kill me if he knew I was telling you this lol)
6. We would have family nights once a week!
7. When he would be in his den watching TV I would go in there and sit on his lap all the way through the night he died!
8. When we would walk together I would try and pinch his muscles on his upper arm and he would tell me no until I gave him the puppy dogs eyes and he would say fine just one time!
9. I remember when I got my prayer language and I was laying in bed with my younger brother and my dad came in to say our good night prayers and I asked him if I could receive my prayer language and he said of course. So he prayed with Josh and I and Josh got his right away well I was not that lucky lol I started singing cumbia my lord. But eventually I did get it.
10. I loved when he would make us breakfast in the morning before school and then as we where eating he would read us our family devotional for the day! Then before I started driving we would get into the car and go around to each person and pray for our day. Then after I started driving we would pray right after breakfast together for our day!
Okay so there are many many more memories but it would go on forever so maybe someday I will write more but for now this is it! Happy Birthday Daddy! I miss you every day and can't wait for the day we will meet again! I am so blessed to have had you in my life for 18 years! You are an amazing man and your legacy will live on forever!