Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Heart Breaks!

On Monday night I found out that a friend from high school as well as youth group was diagnosed with stomach cancer! She was 7 months pregnant when she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer which meant that they had to give the baby steroids to help the lungs develop faster so that they could deliver the sweet baby girl early and remove the cancer. When they went in to do the surgery they found that she didn't have ovarian cancer but that she had stomach cancer. Her baby is now 2 months and on Monday Alisha was told that her cancer was terminal.

Tonight my heart is heavy and my eyes are filled with tears as I write this post! Alisha has gone to be with Jesus leaving behind a husband, and two daughters ages 6 and 2 months. Words can not even express the pain I feel for them right now! My heart literally hurts for them. My tears are being shade for them. So many times we don't understand God's timing. There are so many questions that are going on in our minds... She was only 26 years old! That is only 3 years older then I am!

To be honest it brings back a lot of the pain and emotions that I went through when my dad passed away! My heart hurts for those two little girls. It was hard to lose a parent at 18 but I couldn't imagine losing one at 6 or 2 months! I wish I knew what I could do for them! I wish I could hold both of those little girls and pray over them! Tell them how loved they where by their mommy and how God has a huge plan for their lives! I wish I could take away the hurt that they are going through. How do you explain to a 6 year old that her mommy has gone to be with Jesus! How do you explain to a 2 month old when she grows up who her mommy was and why she died?

If I could tell them just one thing I would want them to always know that God is a good God. That He loves them so much. That no matter the struggles you may face to always rely and trust on Him. Even when you might be mad at Him, He is there to hold you and comfort you!

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future!
Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understandings. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight!

Life is so precious so live every moment to the fullest never looking to the back or to the sides. Keep your eye focused on Jesus and walk with Him daily!

No comments: