Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thankful Thursdays - Daddy!


Okay so I know I know it is Saturday as Ashley so graciously just reminded me to which I reply "I'm a little Late" But none the last here it is my thankfulness for my dad!


1. That he raised me in a christian home.


2. That he lived his life daily for the Lord.


3. That he took me on our special father daughter dates.


4. That he loved people no matter what they where going through or the choices they might have made in life.


5. That he loved Jesus with his whole heart.


6. That he taught me what it meant to have a personal relationship with Jesus!


7. That he knew how to take off his work hat when he came home and was able to be my daddy


8. That he always encouraged me to follow my dreams.


9. That he would praise my accomplishments and teach me in my failures.


10. That he treated me like his princess and always told me that mom was the queen.


11. That he showed me how a man should treat a women.


12. That he would let me squeeze his musculs only once though lol! (yeah right once he saw my puppy dog eyes he would cave in)


13. That he treasured me and taught me to look for that in a man.


14. That he always lifted me up.


15. That he loved me no matter what.


16. That he let me sit on his lap even as a grown lady! (the night he died I sat on his lap before bed)


17. That he treasured my thoughts and opinions!


18. That he was proud of me and let me know it as often as possible!


19. That he let me drink yummy coffee and now I love it lol.


20. That he put his family first after God of course.


21. That he was involved in my life.


22. That he would always pray with me and kiss me good night!


I am so blessed to have the dad that I do! I am thankful that i was raised in the family I was! I miss you so very much daddy! I will see you in heaven!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ok so my other post didn't work right. I'll try again:)

He was an awesome man Jinny and he's greatly missed. I'm glad you have such great memories of him and thank you for sharing them with us. Love you girl!