Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

He has a plan and purpose for ME!

This post has been stiring in my heart for a while now. I have been thinking and reflecting on where I am and what God is doing in my life right now. Moving is not something I enjoy and meeting new people is very scary for me however I know and believe that God has so much in store for not only me but also for this ministry.

My first Sunday as the Children's Pastor at The Rock Church was Father's Day. As that day approached my heart was beating so fast and questions kept running through my head....

Can I do this??
Am I equipped to run a ministry??
Will the kids like me??
Will the parents trust me with their kids and their spiritual growth??
Will the volunteers that already serve be open to me??
Will other people want to server along side me??
Will I be able to speak into the lives of all these kids??
Would my daddy be proud of me??
Did I make the right decision??

As I was sitting in one of the Sunday School classrooms Tami (the pastor's wife) walked in and asked me to come out of the classroom. As we walked out and into my office tears started rolling down my face. Tami prayed over me and as she was praying God softly spoke into my ear. "Jinny you being here on Father's Day was not on accident. I wanted to show you that what your daddy spoke over you so many years ago is coming true today." Then he spoke the sweetest words I could hear that day "Your daddy is proud of you Jinny and he loves you so much. We are rejoicing together and waiting to see what all you are going to do in the lives of the children at The Rock Church."

Those words touch my heart so deep that it is hard to even put the emotions that I felt into words. I truly wanted my dad to be here on my first Sunday and how cool is it that it wasn't only on Father's Day Sunday but that God spoke those sweet words into my ear that day.

I know that being a children's pastor is not always going to be fun or easy but I am in this for the race not the sprint. And I am so excited and honored to see what all God has in store for the future.


3 comments:

Jill said...

Hey I can read it!!! yea for gray letters :)

What a sweet post. What an amazing God we serve! How great is His love for you alone, Jinny Arlene MacDonald. Greater than anything you can ever think or imagine. How He loves you! How wonderful to hear those words. Never forget them. The enemy will try and bring confusion and try and twist things. So glad you wrote them down. Now don't forget to reread them - daily if you have to. They are for you from your Heavenly Father and they are the Truth!

Love you girl!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness love! I am totally crying at work now. And Amen to what Jill said. Love you lady!

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Miss Jinny,

You are beginning to understand how important it is to be a child of God when we lead children to do the same. I think it is so cool to hear about your humility, your openess to God's plan, your endurance and your awesome heart connected to your source, your Daddy. You need Him. He IS your familiar. So I am just blown away at how faithful He is to you during this time in your ministry. Love you. So proud of you and thankful for you. lv, jen