Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Memorial Box Monday! (My Car Betty)


A friend of mine started a blog post called Memorial Box Monday's a little less then a year ago. It is a blog post that you post each Monday about something God has done for you that you want to remember! Along with the post she has a memorial box that she keeps little trinkets in to help her and her family remember what God has done for them! I have decided that I am going to start doing this as well. Although I do not have a memorial box yet (I am looking for one) :)! I think that we all need to be reminded of the amazing things God has done in our lives! If you would like to read more about what Memorial Box's are all about click here!

Now for my First Official Memorial Box Story: (My Car Betty)

In May of 2004 I graduated from high school which is a huge mile stone in any one's life! My dad had died the month before so life really wasn't the same. I was basically just living life to get by. I had been telling my parents that I really wanted a car for graduation because the one that I had was giving me lots of problems. I was not sure what I wanted to do in the future but I did know that I needed a reliable car to see my dreams come true. My parents never said no we can't get that for you they just told me to pray for it so that is what I did. I started to pray that God would provide me with a reliable car. I didn't really care what type, color, or year just a good car.

As I continued to pray all of the stuff with my dad and family happened. I thought there is not way now that I will get a car in a month when I graduate. However I continued to pray. I knew that God was my provider not my dad. As the month went on I had no clue what to expect. I was so excited to graduate and start the next phase of my life.

Graduation day came and my friend Krissie came to pick me up for graduation practice. As she drove up to my front door she was in a brand new black car. It was beautiful and she was so excited. We drove to practice in her car and had a blast while I continued to trust God. I even said Lord if I don't get a car today I pray that in your timing I will. I trust you Lord.

After the practice Krissie dropped me off at my house so that we both could get ready for our graduation party which we had a joined one. Once I was ready I went upstairs and people started to show up. My dad's parents and my youth pastors from Lubbock both came just to celebrate with me, which made me feel really special. A little while into the party they all came to me and said can we go out back to take pictures. I was so bugged cause I was like all these people are here to see me and you want me to leave them and come take pictures with you. I was so confused and bugged however I did it. I can remember trying to hurry them up so that I could get out and see everyone.

Finally my mom came out to the back deck and said Jinny there is someone here to see you. So of course I followed her outside thinking that there was someone there to see me lol. But instead of a person there was a little "WHITE FORD FOCUS" wanting for me, with a big red bow on the top. :) I was shocked to say the least. At first I didn't think it was for me till my mom handed me the keys. I screamed so loud that I think all of Skyridge heard me! :) My older brother came over and asked me if I wanted to take a drive. Which of course I did so we got in and I started up my beautiful little car. Which I have named Betty! :) When I got in there was a brand new CD player which my brother had bought me for my graduation. We drove around skyridge as I was in shock! It was so amazing! :) Then I found out that it was not just my mom who had bought me my car it was about 10 other families who helped pay for it. Man did that bless my socks off. It may not be the most up to date car and no it does not have POWER windows but it is my little buddy that I am so thankful for. :)

This was such an amazing testimony to me that no matter how stupid I might think the thing I am praying for is that to God it is very important.

No comments: