Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Daddy's Girl!


I am the only girl of three kids, I have an older brother and a younger brother. So as you can guess I had a very close relationship with my dad. However every Christmas I would ask for a baby sister and they would always tell me that mommy can not have anymore babies. Well after a couple years I got smart and told them they could adopt a little girl and I could than have a baby sister. Well they did not fall for that my dad use to tell me that if we adopted a little girl I would not be daddy's only girl! And since I already told my mom that when she died I was going to marry daddy I could not have another girl around to try and take my place. :)
As I said earlier I had a very close relationship with my daddy. I remember having daddy daughter dates ever since I was a little girl where our hands would be interlock and our minds set on what an exciting and fun night was ahead of us. Even when I got older we would go on our special dates this will always be one of the many memories I remember of my dad.
When my dad past away suddenly my world was torn apart. I had no clue who I was or what I stood for. What my purpose was in life and what my future had in tale. I realized that I saw who I was in my dad not in my savior. Although I was daddy's little girl I was more consumed with what he thought about me than what Jesus Christ thought about me. Although at times I get mad and frustrated because I do not understand the reason for my dads death and probably never will I do know that I have begun to be my heavenly fathers little girl. This is a process for sure and it has taken me over 4 years to get to this point. I am finally content with who I am in Christ some days are better than others but every day is a new one.
Although I will always be my daddy's little girl I am beginning to find and fall in love with my heavenly daddy. And I am allowing myself to be his little girl!

2 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Woot! Woot! I am the first one to comment on your blog! Welcome to the blogging world....its lots of fun - for sure!

I am thankful that God's plan for you are for good and He will give you the desires of your heart as you continue to seek Him.

You rock Miss Jinny - YOU ROCK!

Love you bunches,
Linn

Miss. Jinny said...

You are amazing Miss Jinny. I love who you are and my prayer is that you do see yourself as God sees you and understand his love for you. What you wrote is a big deal and excellent wisdom. Peace to you sister friend! lv, jen