Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Friday, February 20, 2009

What Are You Teaching Me Lord!


This week has been a very long and tiring week at work! Plus there is a lot that God has been showing me about myself! A lot that He is trying to teach me about where I am in my life! I was reading a devotional book yesterday that was talking about how we view God as our (Lord)! How we use Lord so flippantly in times where we "feel like" He is Lord over our lives but what about the times when we don't ALLOW Him to be Lord over our lives! When we say I will never do this or I will never do that! Saying that God is LORD over your life means more than just a word it means that He is Lord over you everything about you! Here is what the Webster's dictionary definition of LORD is 1: one having power and authority over others, a ruler by hereditary right or preeminence to whom service and obedience are due. So allowing God to be Lord over my life means that He is Lord over everything! I can not say you can be Lord as long as this it is this or as long as it is that or put restrictions on what I will or will not do! I have to trust that He has the best things in life for me! That He knows my deepest desires and my deepest dreams and wants them to come to true! But in His timing not in mine! I have to stop putting boundaries on what God (Lord) can do in my life and in what time frame and instead allow Him to take full control! To listen to His voice and know that He is speaking to me! That He loves me no matter what and that He has only the best in mind for me! This is going to take time for me because I am a check list type of person! If God could just give me a check list and say when you have completed this list I will bring you a husband or I will fulfill all your dreams. I would be so happy and excited to see all the things get checked off and have my dreams come true. But He is not a God that gives me To Do lists He is a mountain moving God who in HIS TIMING will bring the man of my dreams into my life and in His timing my dreams will come true not when I finish a To Do list! Here is the prayer that is on my wall calender this month..... Lord, help me to be content where I am right now on Your path for my life. I know you are always growing me into Your likeness and will not leave me where I am forever. Here is the verse for this month on my calender as well "Godliness with contentment is great gain."1 Timothy 6:6 How amazing is our God that in a time where He is teaching me about allowing Him to be Lord over my life this verse and this prayer is what I look at every morning before I get out of bed and every night before I go to sleep! How Great is our God! So my challenge to you as well as to me is .... Are you allowing God to be Lord over your life with no limitations or are you putting Lord in a box?

1 comment:

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Jinny I am grateful God has put this on your heart at such an early point in your life. I love how God reveals his heart to us right when we need it most. It is hard to make God Lord because we do not want to be vulnerable, humble and human. Our society and culture and the fact we don't "need" much in America. Tells us to take it out of God's hands and "Just Do it." God gives us the choice... I am learning I need to make the conscious choice when me feet hit the floor in the morning to know that God truly is Lord over this life of mine. Not me. Love you girl! :) Jen