Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Make a Difference Monday (Ms. Fullen)

I had good intentions last week to write my Make a Difference Monday's post but the day just flew by and so did the week so I am going to be on top of it this week! :)

I have several hero's in my life and one of them is my 5th grade teacher Ms. Fullen. She made a huge impact in my life when I was only 10/11. School had never been something that I enjoyed going to. Ever since I was in 2nd grade I was put into the "special ed" class in school and I hated it. I knew that something was wrong with my eyes and that I was not able to read that well but when I was put into special ed it crushed my heart. I was made fun of and teased saying that I was stupid and I never really had any friends in school. I thought that I was to stupid to have any so I just hid in my little corner and made it though school day by day.

That was until I had Ms. Fullen as my teacher. The first day I walked into her class she made me feel special. She talked to me like I was the smartest kid in her class and she really took the time to get to know me. She wouldn't send me to the "special ed" classroom unless I needed extra time to work on things. She would spend time with me individually and truly invested in me. She would stay late after school and help me with whatever I needed help on. The way she talked to me and looked into my eyes made me feel like I was worth something more then just the stupid girl.

She saw that I had potential and helped me to see it in myself. She was the whole reason that I wanted to become a teacher. I wanted to impact the lives of kids the way that she impacted my life. When I was in high school I was able to contact her and let her know what an impact she made in my life.

She made a difference in my life which has encouraged me to make a difference in the lives of children that I come into contact with.

Ms. Fullen wherever you are thank you for being a shining example to me of what it means to love unconditionally. Thank you for showing me that I have potential and that I can do whatever I put my mind to! :)

What is your Make a Difference Monday Story? I would love to hear it! :)

No comments: