Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Memories that will be Treasured for a Lifetime!


Last Tuesday was the 6 year mark of my dad leaving this earth and going to heaven. If you would have asked me at age 18 what my life would look like at age 24 I would have told you that I will be married, have 1 or 2 kids, and living the life that I dream about. However this was not God's plan it was my plan and although sometimes I wish my plan would have come true I am truly thankful that in God's timing it will. :)

I also would have never thought that my dad would not be here with us. To be totally honest some days are easier then others, however every day I think about him and the memories that we shared. There are so many memories that I am blessed to have had over the span of the 18 years that I had with my dad here on this earth so, I thought I would share a few with you. Some are funny and my dad would kill me if he knew I was tell you them and others are just special moments that we shared together. :)

My encouragement to all of us is to live in the moment. Make memories with your kids, spouses, friends, and family that will be treasured for a life time and most of all honor Jesus while you are doing them.

Memory #1: (special moment)
Through out my growing up years I can remember many times my dad getting out his guitar and us all singing praises to our King. I am so blessed that I was raised by two parents who love(d) Jesus and raised me in a Christian home.

Memory #2: (funny)
One morning I can remember walking into my parents bathroom and my dad had mascara in his hand. As I stood there I watched as he began putting it on his side burns because they where gray. When he finally realized that I was standing there giggle really hard he made me promise that is was our secret! :) (sorry dad)

Memory #3:
His favorite candy bar was butterfingers.

Memory #4: (special moment)
When I was little my dad and I would always have our special daddy daughter dates. I would get all dressed up and it would be just the two of us going out on the town. During these dates my dad and I would talk and laugh and have a great time. At times he would teach me how a guy should treat me like by having me walk on the inside of the sidewalk so that if a car came he could protect me. No matter what we where doing on our date we would always have a great time together. These special dates will be a memory that I will treasure forever.

Memory #5: (funny)
On our special dates I would love holding onto his forearm because he had some nice muscals and I would love to squeeze them however he hated it. So every time I would start tightening my grip around his muscals he would get his deep serious voice out and say don't you dare. I would always giggle with delight as he was shaking his head and telling me no. :)

Memory #6: (special memory)
When I turned 16 my dad gave me a promise ring and asked me to be his until the day God brought me the man of my dreams. I had always wanted a promise ring and still to this day I wear it on my wedding finger. It means so much that he picked it out just for me.

Memory #7: (special memory)
As soon as I got my license and started driving my favorite thing to do was to go to the church and have lunch with my dad in his office. It was just a special time that I got to have with just me and my dad as I got older. We would talk and laugh and I would tell him how my day at school was going. One of the best times we shared was when I would be having a bad day and he would pray with me before I went back to school.

I could go on and on with all the memories that we shared but I will stop at number 7! :) Always remember that life here on this earth is short so, live out the plan and desires that God has placed in your heart today don't continue to tell yourself I will get to that tomorrow, next week, or a year from now because you never know when your time will come. Cherish the memories that you have and make new ones with the ones you love. AND ALWAYS TELL THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE, I LOVE YOU!

I love you daddy and miss you bunches and bunches! :)

1 comment:

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Thanks for sharing these memories friend. Your Dad was a great father to you Jinny. What a blessing! You create special memories with so many of us. I can see all the things your Dad taught you just shining through in who you are. You teach me about love like Jesus every day. Thank you for the reminder to make moments with the ones we love. I love you girlfriend! lv, jen