Wedding Countdown Ticker
Inspirational stories come from the writers heart and soul. God put His "heart" in you. He didn't just create you. He invested Himself in you. You are the inspirational story that emerged from the heart and soul of the Father. Who you are is a person worth knowing well.

Jill Palmer (I think) :)

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pretty Dress Shopping and Smelly Arm Pits LOL!!!

This past Saturday I got to go shopping for my pretty dress. I had a blast and was so grateful that I had my friends there to help as well as an amazing Consultant who made the day!!! :) I even got to see my friend Kristin and she was there when I picked the "dress of my dreams" as David's Bridal would call it!! :) Plus a little added bonus was we got to visit our sweet caffeine friend STARBUCKS (which we don't have in Scottsbluff)!!!
(Aubrey my amazing Consultant)

(YUMMY STARBUCKS)

There was one funny story that I had to share with everyone!!! First off before my friend got to my house to pick me up I realized that I didn't shave my arm pits so I ran back into the bathroom and had to dry shave so that I didn't have any stubs while I was trying on dresses!!! :)

Then once we where at David's Bridal I got into the amazing undergarments that they have (with Kristin's help of course) and the pretty dress trying on began. :) After about 4 dresses my arm pits started sweating really bad, and the crazy thing was that, the only thing that was sweating was my arms pits. So of course I informed the girls that I was sweating and that I was worried I was going to get B.O. I lifted up both of my arms and told Marriah (who is 10) that the reason she came with us was to be my personal arm pit fan lol!!! We all had a great giggle at that and I went back in to try on another dress. After about 2 or 3 more I started to smell myself and it was not a pleasant smell, I asked Tami if she would run and get me some deodorant and baby wipes. (We where still laughing because of course I was smelling my arm pits in public and Tami couldn't believe it hehehe) Tami being that sweet friend she is said yes and ran across the street to get me some good smelling stuff. While she was gone Aubrey (my consultant) came back with another dress and back we went into the dressing room to get the new dress on!!! :) Now if you know me you know that once I am comfortable with you I am not shy... So I proceeded to tell Aubrey that I was sorry if she smelled my B.O. and that I was working on fixing the problem!!! :) She then informed me that she couldn't smell a thing and told me about other women she has worked with that where pouring sweat through the whole fitting (like they where working out or something)!!! Which made me not feel so bad.
(This is one of the dresses I tried on but NOT the one I picked that one is a secret for the wedding day) :)

Soon after Tami came back and saved the day with a powder fresh bar and some unscented baby wipes. :) I then fixed my little problem and felt much better. :) Once I had picked out the "dress of my dreams" and I was checking out Aubrey said that she would always remember me as her powder fresh bride. :) Needless to say my pretty dress shopping was nothing less then entertaining and I am sure that Aubrey, Tami, Marriah, Kristin, and I will remember it forever!! :)
(My new powder fresh bar!!! :))
(After all the trying on Me and the Amazing Aubrey)
By the way I hate this picture of myself but I still thought I would share it!! :)
(Tami with her hand clappers as they announced over the loud speaker that I had found the "dress of my dreams")
(Marriah with her clappers, it was so much fun having her there)
(And just to brag about my man for a minute he bought me these flowers yesterday just because and had them sent to my office :)) Oh how I love that man!! ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww... what a good guy!

And I am totally cracking up because I can picture you telling the consultant all about your pitts. Love you girl!

Jan said...

And that is why I always have deodorant in my purse. Always!

Rachel said...

I am cracking up too! (This is such a classic True Story Tuesday - and totally sounds like something that would happen to me, ha!)

I love that you had Starbucks too!

And I didn't realize until now that you are so close to Ft. Collins... isn't that where GunDiva lives?

Congrats again on your miracle dress!